Tuesday, September 9, 2008

OTH - WHY


As many of my true fans know, One Tree Hill changed my life. Last winter during the writer's strike I was desperate for new teen drama. I had never gotten into OTH and so I tuned into the Soap Network (Channel 262 for Directv customers) and started with the daily rerun.

It didn't take long before I was hooked. I was very impressed with the acting ability of Brooke and Lucas especially considering the off the screen difficulties with their marriage (another marriage ruined by Paris Hilton).

I think pound for pound Dan Scott might be the best villain on TV, and how do the writers get me to feel sympathy for him after he killed his brother in cold blood?

It might be the only show on TV where I get chills wondering what will happen next. Well Monday night's episode has really left me in a funk. We have all been inspired by the feel good story of Q, the troubled black basketball star who under the tutelage of Haley Scott and the mentoring of Nathan Scott had turned his life around and was really planning for a life off the court in case the whole NBA thing didn't work out.

About 45 minutes in I was near tears of joy when Q finished Les Miserables and got an A+ on his paper. 10 minutes later he gets shot to death in a convenience store as an accidental witness to a felony murder. Honestly OTH, couldn't we have just maimed him, why death? Saddening. RIP my brother.

A few other show notes from this week's episode. Deb is the hottest grandma on the planet. Payton is soooo annoying, is she really so caught up in her own engagment to believe Brooke's lame fall down the stairs excuse? Honestly Payton, you couldn't see that she also had grab marks around her arm and neck, last I checked bannisters didn't have fingers.

I can't wait for Dan to give Nanny Carrie the business, and I hope he somehow takes care of Q's murderer while he is at it.

Your Plan Sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment